Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wonderful Day

Yesterday was absolutely one of the most perfect days I have ever experienced. Mama and I got to spend the whole day together!  We left her house around 8 am and didn't return until 5:30 pm. We both had doctor appointments to start out, Yuck!, however, they were both just wellness checks and soon over so that we could really start our girl's day out. We left the last doctor appointment and headed to the mall. I haven't been to the mall in quite some time. I usually avoid it like the plaque but it was the day to resume the visits. Amidst all the dread of going to the mall I have forgotten what a pleasure it could actually be occasionally. I think we'll have to return. Of course it helped that we could go on a weekday morning and that certainly kept the hustle and bustle out. First to JC Penny where Mama was able to find some of the items she was searching for and then on to the shoe store where I was able to find what I was searching for and then on to Sears where we both found items on our list. Mama won the bargain of the day award - she found a blouse at Sears regularly priced at $38, beautiful and just her style (one of those items that just looks like Mama), on clearance for $14.99 and when the clerk rang up the purchase an additional discount brought the price to $4.99. You go girl! We were fortunate that almost all the items were discounted in some fashion, the shoes I bought for Jim were Buy one get one 1/2 price!

When Mama and I go out we try to choose restaurants and foods that Mama likes but Daddy doesn't. Daddy happens to be a very "man" eater and doesn't care for too many or too much spice. So the girl's day out is the perfect time for Mama to indulge her taste.  This day she chose Olive Garden and oh such a good choice.  We were able to sit down, be waited on, and enjoy great food. We chose salad, breadsticks and shared an eggplant parmesean. Perfect portion size to share. The food was great and the time spent talking and visiting was super. From there it was to the book store and then of course no shopping trip is complete without a trip to Wal Mart. After all that heavy shopping we had to stop for a soda and more great talking and did we ever giggle. We had some real serious conversation which was good and stuff that needed to be discussed and at the same time we talked some funny stuff and laughed and laughed and laughed. I hope you slept good last night Mama, I know I did.

On the way home I was reminded I had agreed to help Sarah with Micah at basketball practice and if I didn't get a move on I would be late. I jumped on the motorcycle and about half way to  Bushnell the rain that had been threatening all day finally arrived. It wasn't too bad as long as I was moving but when I started having to stop for traffic lights, I got wetter. All during practice it rained and rained and I knew I had to take Micah from the Youth Center into town to meet his mother and we were going to get wet. He was excited when he found out I had actually come on the motorcycle but a little anxious about getting in the rain. We were both real troopers and the rain cooperated a bit by slowing down long enough for us to get back to town. Micah loved the ride and I can't say I didn't agree. A new experience. When I left Bushnell and got closer to home the rain came harder and harder. I got home safely and in the house where I could dry out. Totally exhilarating ride. I know you all think I am crazy for enjoying a ride in the rain but it's one of those things you have to experience to appreciate  or be a motorcycle junkie.  It really was the crown on a perfect day.

No comments: